Teachers caught cheating on certification tests

Between 1995 and 2010 a still unknown number of perspective teachers in Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee cheated on their certification exams.

The facilitator of this cheating – the go to guy – is a supposed long-time educator from Memphis, Tennessee, Clarence Mumford Sr.

Mr. Mumford charged between $1,500 and $3,000 to have a ‘ringer’ take the test for the perspective teachers. These people were even supplied with fake ID’s in order to pass as the legitimate test takers. Unsubstantiated rumors have it that local homeless people were recruited to take the tests.

So far, fourteen people involved in this scheme have been charged with mail and social security fraud.

Read story here.

I can’t say that I’m really shocked by this news. The only thing that surprised me is that this scheme wasn’t uncovered in New York. I know that I’m going to get hate-mail from irate teachers for this, but at least 60% of the teachers that I’ve known or come into contact with in the NYC area are almost completely brainless. The other 40% are qualified professionals. And if you’re one of the 40% you have no reason to be upset with my observations. You, more than anyone, should realize that most of your colleagues are dimwits that have no business teaching children. Be mad at them and the system that allows them to become educators – not at me for noticing the obvious.

And as for the principals and vice principals, please don’t get me started!

One thing that does surprise me is that these potential teachers actually had to go through all of this instead of just filing a lawsuit to lower the certification standards for potential teachers like police and fire departments all over the country have been forced to do over the past decade or so.

But I guess that’s coming soon enough.

Posted by admin · November 26, 2012 · Category: Uncategorized · Comments Off on Teachers caught cheating on certification tests

Comments are closed.